Thursday, April 30, 2009

NHL: Eastern Standings

I am a huge hockey fan, but like all of us NHL addicts I must admit I am a wee bit biased. I love the Buffalo Sabres. Unfortunately, we didn't make it into the play-offs this year. But there are some good teams that did.
Last week, there were some good games on. The New Jersey Devils played the Carolina Hurricanes, regrettably the Hurricanes (whom I loath) scored twice in the final 1:20 of regulation to pinch a 4-3 win over the Devils in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal.
The New York Rangers (whose captain Chris Druery, used to be our captain and they stupidly got rid of him along with other wonderful players like Brian Cambell who now plays for Chicago; Danny Briere and Martin Biron who are now both Philly Flyers, etc.) lost 2-1 against the Washington Capitals when Federov scored the last goal at 15:01.
And lastly in the eastern conference the Flyers lost to Pittsburgh and the oh so played out Sidney Crosby, I mean really am I the only one sick of hearing that name? There are better players in the league.
I am just hoping that my beloved Sabres will make it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Blogger.com are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive. Please use our forums for tech-support or blogging related questions. Avoid including website URLs in your comments -Thank-you, Stella Blue

Add to Technorati Favorites