Thursday, April 16, 2009

Doctors: Who Do You Think You Are


When I was young, I always thought you could go to the doctors office and you'd tell them your problem and they would help you. Well when I was 12 I fell down some stairs at school and broke my back, (By the way the school, Jefferson Junior High in Toledo,Ohio, not only would not pay, they tried to say I was beaten at home, plus now I will never be pain free for the rest of my life!) Since then I've had lots of medical problems. I was born with a Chiari Malformation 2 , that happened to come out around this time and every stupid, imbecile neurologist that I saw in Toledo couldn't figure it out so that just said I was crazy instead of admitting that they were stumped! Every Single One I Saw! Even the idiots at Cleavland Clinic (supposed to be the best!) All said I was nuts, just because they were too proud to admit they didn't know!
Then I met my boyfriend of six years, and moved outside Buffalo. I went to his mother's amazing neurosurgeon, Dr. Castiglia, an angel. The nicest doc I've ever had, he took one look at my M.R.I. and knew exactly what it was.
Pain Clinics are the worst though. They believe they are God! You tell them how you feel, they don't care! They'll tell you how you feel! Then if you, I don't know heaven-for-bid question them, or even look something up about what you put in your own body! They will scream at you and even threaten to take your meds away! This just happened to me a couple month's ago!
My Pain Doctor put me on Daypro, it is to help arthritis pain. Well, it almost blinded me and I printed out the side effects as proof from WebMd. Well she about ripped my head off then threatened to take me off my pain medication which I need in order to function, just in my own home!
My point is a doctor should be caring and want to help people, but somewhere along the way the money and the power went to their heads and everything but the patients seemed to matter more. It is very hard to find a doctor who actually cares about you, so if you have one of them hang on to them!
I just want to scream "Who the hell do you think you are? You are no better then anyone else and you have no right to judge people!" I hope at least one doctor reads this, and changes their attitude twords their patience, and starts to care a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Blogger.com are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive. Please use our forums for tech-support or blogging related questions. Avoid including website URLs in your comments -Thank-you, Stella Blue

Add to Technorati Favorites